Over the next few weeks, I'm rolling out a series of updates to the Mapping-Tools product line of tools and extensions for Microsoft MapPoint. Most of these fix a problem seen during the installer which appears on user accounts with restricted permissions. This fix has also been released in MPRouteWriter 3.6.
Today, MPCluster v2.3 was released. This performs cluster analysis in your MapPoint datasets.
See http://www.mpcluster.com for further information and a free trial download.
This Issue's Contents at a Glance
- MP2K Magazine Youtube Channel Including Super Bowl Animation
- A Couple MapPoint 2013 Bugs/Errors and Workarounds
- TIP: Using MapPoint's Territory Feature and Demographics Together
- TIP: How to use a Pop-up Progressbar with your MapPoint Excel VBA Macro
- TIP: Print Maps Larger Than Your Printer Spanning Two or More Pages
- More Forum Highlights
- Get Published in MP2K Magazine
- The Texas Bluebird Society Uses MapPoint to Split up and Prioritize a Mailing List
We put this together to demonstrate how MapPoint can be used to make animated maps.
The video shows all of the past Superbowl contests. The logo for each team is displayed over their home city and lines show where the actual game took place. Textboxes at the top of the screen show details including attendance and the final score.
I am currently working on v3 of MPSuperShape. This will be a free upgrade for existing licensed users of MPSuperShape v2.*, but it will include support for Windows 8 and a few relatively minor additions.
The Windows 8 support is requiring a complete rewrite of the projection/coordinate system support in the ESRI 'Shape' (SHP) file and MapInfo 'MIF' import/export options. This is where I need the beta testers.
The new version will continue to support multiple coordinate systems
MapPoint 2013 Europe is now available. For more information, see our recent newsletter -- http://www.mapforums.com/blogs/what-...oint-maps.html