The Virtual Earth team that created the new 3D Tours and Video Export features is having a little contest to test your video making skills. Don from the 3D team has the details below. Get to it - Submission deadline is November 19th, but the sooner you post your video the more time you have for it to be viewed.
We’re sponsoring a new contest!
This contest focuses on one of the new features in the latest Live Search Maps release – 3D tour videos!
Entering is easy -- create a cool, interesting, unique 3D tour video and you could win! Top prize is a new Zune digital media player to be awarded to the creator of the best video as determined by the Virtual Earth blog readers. Second prize will be a $50 gift certificate to Amazon.com, awarded to the creator of the second best video.
Entering is easy. Just create a 3D tour video on Live Search Maps and then upload it to MSN Video and/or YouTube . Here is a quick overview of creating a 3D tour video in case you are not sure how to get started. Then submit a contest entry by emailing us with the URL of the video.
On November 19, the top three most-viewed videos (from MSN Video and YouTube) plus the top 3 videos as chosen by the Virtual Earth team will be posted here and you will be able to vote for your favorite. On December 7 the top two vote getters will get the prizes.
1. Submit as many videos as you want but each video will be considered a separate entry and will compete against all other videos, even those submitted by the same person.
2. Feel free to edit, add music, photos or other video footage to customize your video.
4. The same video submitted to both MSN Video and YouTube are considered separate entries to the contest. We will not total the video views from MSN Video and YouTube.
5. The top 3 most-viewed videos will be determined on November 19, 2007 at 6pm PST. Video views will be determined by MSN Video and YouTube respectively.
6. Voting by Virtual Earth blog readers will end on December 7, 2007 at 6pm Pacific.
7. In the event of a tie, the Virtual Earth team will determine the winner.
Once you have uploaded it, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the URL of the video and you will be entered into the contest.
One First Prize: New 2nd generation 8GB Zune
One Second Prize: $50 gift certificate from Amazon.com
Click here to view the full post.