Hi I got a question about a problem I have with GPS data and Mappoint.
The company that I work in has recorded GPS data on roadlocations with data on that piece of road. The GPS data is directly saved in a txt file with the other data via a company custom application. That txt file is converted to excel so we can show it on Mappoint.
Wel that was what it was suppose to be the doing, when we bought Mappoint. But it turns out that the GPS locations (LAT/LONG) we save directly is different then the one used in MS Mappoint. So when we enterd our saved data via an excel sheet it showed us totally different locations on the map.
So I checked it out. When I was at a location on the road with a laptop with route66 and mappoint installed and a GPS device connected I noticed a strange difference between both applications:
(Translation from Dutch: Lengtegraad = Longitude and Breedtegraad = Latitude)
Yes 2 different Long/Lat locations. But they show the same location on the map. I checked our custom application and it saved the location which was the same as that from Route66. Once again our custom application saves directly from the GPS stream.
So there must be some (re)calculation that MS mappoint (UK edition) is doing. Anybody of you known with this problem and have a solution for me. Is there a recalculation sum I need to make.
The company bought Mappoint UK edition, and we use a Haicom GPS device.