Mobile GPS Online, a mobile GPS products and services firm located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, announces the release of GPS NavStar version 3.0.0. GPS NavStar is a feature rich and advanced GPS vehicle navigation system based on Microsoft MapPoint® technology. It is not only an excellent travel navigation system and companion for individuals but also a powerful productivity tool for business people. It is designed and developed to help people increase productivity and reduce operating cost on roads. Using advanced GPS technology, this system will not only tell you where you are but also guide you to destinations with detailed street map views and voiced turn-by-turn directions. As a business management tool, users can import their business contacts or customer addresses from their Outlook’s address book or a separated customer database to the system, and then generate routes to them easily and quickly. This is especially helpful when people are travelling on roads. With Microsoft MapPoint® that covers more than 4.2 million kilometers of routable roads and 400,000 points of interest in MapPint European Edition and more than 6.7 million miles of routable local, city, state and highway roads in the United States and Canada in MapPoint North America Edition, NavStar is really an excellent navigation solution for your personal or business travels.
GPS NavStar version 3.0.0 has added, improved and enhanced following features:
· Added a test GPS function. Now users can test their GPS receivers to see what NMEA data are receivable, how many satellites are in the view range and how good are the satellite signals.
· Removed limitation of maximal 100 addresses in the address book. The Microsoft Access® database is introduced to manage the address book. Now users can import their contacts in their Microsoft Outlook® address books or address information in other customer database to NavStar.
· Added a user-friendly interface to the address database for convenient routing. Users can pick up addresses from the database and add them to their routes conveniently. User can also create a route from their current location to a given destination address through only a few mouse clicks, never so easy.
· Added the support for mapping and routing new addresses that are not included in MapPoint® yet by entering their latitude and longitude manually.
· Added a new feature to keep all waypoints in the route planner window for easy modifications on the current route.
· Improved the Navigator screen with the addition of a compass indicating the real time driving head direction. Added new navigation symbols for “Take Ramp” and “Exit at” etc.
· Most of the issues and bugs reported have been addressed in this new release too.
Old users are welcome to upgrade and new users are welcome to give it a try. You can get more information about GPS NavStar at http://www.mobilegpsonline.com/product_ns.htm
About Mobile GPS Online
Mobile GPS Online is a mobile GPS products and services firm located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, specializing in system integration and application software development utilizing Global Positioning System (GPS), Geographic Information System (GIS)/Microsoft MapPoint® and Wireless Communication Technologies. Mobile GPS Online on the web at: http://www.mobilegpsonline.com/