I have a client who needs a solution with the following:
1. Import data from a passive gps unit (which is currently stored in a SQL Express database), and display the routes of 30 different icecream trucks on the map.
2. Need to flag when a truck sits idle for more than 10 minutes, both on the map and in a report.
3. Need to define zones for trucks (approx. 5 square miles) and flag whenever they leave that zone and display on the map and in a report.
4. Be able to filter the waypoints on the map by vehicle.
The data I have stored from the GPS unit is:
3. Speed (mph)
4. Travel time
5. Idle time (stopped)
6. Idle time (in traffic)
7. Various codes indicating link issues, etc.
How much of this can be down out-of-the-box in MapPoint 2006?
Can all of this be done in MapPoint, or do I need to use Live Maps/web services too?
Thanks for your input in advance!!