Welcome to MapForums!

Register, sign in, or use Facebook Connect above to join in and participate in the forum.

When you are signed in, this message, the ads in this row, and the red-underlined link ads all go away.

Subscribe to receive our newsletter.
Subscribe Unsubscribe
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Lat/Long By Pointing

This is a discussion on Lat/Long By Pointing within the MapPoint Desktop Discussion forums, part of the Map Forums category; I know how to use the Reverse Geocoding techniques to get the Lat/Long for a location or pushpin. I have ...

  1. #1
    Anonymous is offline Senior Member Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,137

    Lat/Long By Pointing

    I know how to use the Reverse Geocoding techniques to get the Lat/Long for a location or pushpin. I have used this to populate Lat/Long fields in my database. Using the FindResults method, I had a success rate of about 83%. Now, I have to deal with the other 17%. What I am trying to do is to have a MapPoint control on my VB form, have the user click on a location and apply the reverse geocoding methods to that location. 1) I can't see a way for the user to place a pushpin (not available on the toolbar or menus when used in this fashion), 2) I can't move the address that comes up when you right click a spot on the map into a location object.

    Any help?

  2. #2
    Eric Frost's Avatar
    Eric Frost is offline Administrator Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 1992
    Posts
    5,094
    Blog Entries
    4
    BTW, it's 'geocoding' to get a lat/lon from an address, the reverse i.e. reverse geocoding, is obtaining an address from a lat/lon..
    ~ Order MapPoint MapPoint 2013 Here and Get Free Access to the MapForums Downloads ~
    ~~
    ~ Upgrade to Get Access to the MapForums Downloads ~

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Lat. & Long from pushpins
    By Anonymous in forum MapPoint Desktop Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 02:42 PM
  2. Lat. and Long.
    By Anonymous in forum MapPoint Desktop Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 02:09 AM
  3. Lat/Long
    By lgeeck in forum MapPoint Desktop Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 09:03 AM
  4. I don't want north pointing up...
    By larry_llama in forum MapPoint Desktop Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 09:12 PM
  5. get lat./long.
    By Anonymous in forum MapPoint Desktop Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2002, 05:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83