Mapping-Tools.com is pleased to announce Version 2.0 of their GridImp product for MapPoint.
GridImp is designed to plot gridded data in MapPoint - a type of data that cannot normally be plotted in MapPoint. Gridded data can be indexed in various coordinate systems and text file formats.
Version 2.0 adds the ability to define custom linear input coordinate systems, and to use UK Ordnance Survey Grid References. Grid References are correctly plotted in both MapPoint 2002 & 2004 - circumventing the grid reference bug in the European Edition of MapPoint 2002.
Another new feature is the capability to create plots on existing maps. This allows it to be used with other tools and add-ins such as Single State Mapper (also available from Mapping-Tools.com).
Full details, examples, and a free trial can be found at: http://www.mapping-tools.com/gridimp/index.shtml
A larger Snowdonia example map can be found at: http://www.mapping-tools.com/gridimp/tour/snowdonia.png (97K)
GridImp provides the following benefits:
- - Display data that is specified with gridded coordinates
- Works with text files exported by Excel, Access, etc.
- Can work with multiple coordinate systems
- Add a greater range of attractive displays to MapPoint
- Greater flexibility of colormaps than standard MapPoint options
- Tolerance for missing data
- Plot data at a different resolution to the input file
- Plot data for any point in the world
- Supports both the 2002 and 2004 editions of MapPoint
Other features include:
- - Can re-grid data to provide a smooth display
- Support for data holes: keep them or interpolate across them
- Support for space, tab, and comma separated input files
- Polygon-reduction algorithm for fast rendering in MapPoint
- Design and re-use your own colormaps
- Walk-through tutorials
- Supports Windows XP and Windows 2000
Further details are available from:
GridImp costs $75 for one license with volume discounts available. (VAT and sales tax may apply)
Winwaed Software Technology
PO Box 177062, Irving TX 75017-7062, USA
Fax: (214) 614-4999
# # #