Mapping-Tools.com is pleased to announce Version 2.1 of their GridImp product for Microsoft's MapPoint product.
GridImp is designed to plot gridded data in MapPoint - a type of data that cannot normally be plotted in MapPoint. Gridded data can be indexed in various coordinate systems and text file formats.
Version 2.1 is a maintenance release. Issues resolved include:
- Occasionally it was not possible to change the grid extents when using UK Ordnance Survey (OS) Grid References.
- Poor validation of corrupted parameters in the registry.
All existing users of GridImp v2.0 who use Ordnance Survey Grid References, are strongly recommended to upgrade to v2.1.
Existing users can download GridImp v2.1 from:
This will install over your existing installation and automatically find your existing registration license.
Not using GridImp yet?
Full details, examples, and a free trial can be found at:
Example images can also be found on the announcement for v2.0:
GridImp provides the following benefits:
- Display data that is specified with gridded coordinates
- Works with text files exported by Excel, Access, etc.
- Can work with multiple coordinate systems
- Add a greater range of attractive displays to MapPoint
- Greater flexibility of colormaps than standard MapPoint options
- Tolerance for missing data
- Plot data at a different resolution to the input file
- Plot data for any point in the world
- Supports both the 2002 and 2004 editions of MapPoint
Other features include:
- Can re-grid data to provide a smooth display
- Support for data holes: keep them or interpolate across them
- Support for space, tab, and comma separated input files
- Polygon-reduction algorithm for fast rendering in MapPoint
- Design and re-use your own colormaps
- Walk-through tutorials
- Supports Windows XP and Windows 2000
Further details are available from:
GridImp costs $75 for one license with volume discounts available.
(VAT and sales tax may apply)
Winwaed Software Technology
PO Box 177062, Irving TX 75017-7062, USA
Fax: (469) 648-0346
# # #