MPRouteWriter v3 has just been released. This is a major new version that includes support for the Microsoft .NET Framework.
New features include:
- Smoother handling of Excel and the user interface
- Ability for RouteWriter to sort pushpin data fields by name for consistency
- Ability to set rest stops & rest intervals (RouteWriter and RouteReader)
- RouteWriter can export waypoint coordinates without the need for pushpins
- RouteReader now supports start and end groups with multiple pushpins
- Should support future versions of Windows
- Rebranding as "MPRouteWriter"
MPRouteWriter allows you to export a route's waypoints and matching pushpins to Excel (or a text file) whilst maintaining route order. Pushpin information, waypoint information, and rest stop information can all be exported.
MPRouteWriter also includes MPRouteReader which does the opposite: It creates a route from existing pushpins using a pre-defined order. The order is defined using a pushpin data field (eg. a sequence number). A subset of the pushpin set can also be selected.
Further information and a free 14 day trial can be found on the official MPRouteWriter website at:
RouteWriter: Export Routes from Microsoft MapPoint
System Requirements: Microsoft MapPoint 2006 (or later); Microsoft .NET 4 Framework (free download from Microsoft); and Microsoft Excel 2003 (or later) - for Excel export options only.
The single license price for MPRouteWriter v3 is US$75, with discounts for purchases of five or licenses. A special upgrade license for users of RouteWriter v1.* and v2.* is available - contact us for details along with a proof of purchase (eg. your original order notification email).