Over the weekend we released new features in the Virtual Earth API as well as new data.
New Features in the API:
- The VEDataType.VECollection supports now the import of 3D-collections
- Import of KML and GPX data is now supported through VEDataType.ImportXML
- Localized Geocoding (‘Nizza’ the German word for 'Nice') is now found in France rather than as Niiza in Japan)
- Localized Driving Directions
Just add the market to the URL for the VE MapControl like this http://dev.virtualearth.net/mapcontrol/mapcontrol.ashx?v=6&mkt=XX-YY where XX-YY can be
- SSL Support for the VE MapControl
just use https://dev.virtualearth.net/mapcontrol/mapcontrol.ashx?v=6
- There is new high resolution imagery for England, Scotland and Wales, the US, Canada and Japan
- More oblique aerial images in the US and Canada as well as in Europe (Germany: 5 cities, Spain: 19 cities, Sweden: 19 cities, Denmark: 1 city, Norway: 1 city, Belgium: 1 city, Switzerland: 2 cities, Finland 1 city). For a full list of available Bird's Eye imagery outside North America see
- A lot of 1m satellite imagery all over the world
In total the data release contained another 33.7 TB of data.
Click here to view the article.