Having just recently upgraded to MapPoint 2006 from MapPoint 2004 I have tried to map territories from an excel spreadsheet.
I have linked the data from a sheet containing just 2 columns, the first is the postcode district (PR12, WA5 etc…) all relate to the North West of England which I select as a postcode district, the second is the name of the territory, which is a persons name. When I link the data an error message occurs stating "Some geographic areas in the source file are assigned to more than one territory. These geographic areas will not be included in any territories. Do you want to continue and ignore these redundant areas"
If I say no to this it doesn’t import, if I say yes it maps the data but incorrectly. Some postcodes on the source file do not map, such as WA9, WN5, BL5 etc… While other postcodes that are not on the source file do get mapped, HU11, IP27, BA12 etc… I have checked the source file and there is no duplication of postcode districts.
This did not happen on MapPoint 04, so not sure what is happening…