I guess this forum is my only hope to resolve this issue.
· I work for a UK national charity and we have 60 regional sites.
· These sites distribute government grants to underprivileged groups.
· We have a database that indicates (via Postcodes) the location of every given grant and I can import this into MapPoint and show the location.
So far so good
· The UK government has produced a set of boundary files that show area’s within the country of high social deprivation. (SHP and MID/MIF format).
I would like to import those boundaries into MapPoint so I can then show the target areas and the actual grant locations and in that way ensure we are directing the grants to the right people.
Actions so far
· Imported into my copy of MapPoint (MP 2004) the MapPoint Spatial Data Import COM Add-in from the MS site.
· Downloaded the sample data
· Checked it works, which it does.
· Obtained the government data in the form of SHP and MID/MIF files. These come in two types, full resolution (high definition but a large file) and generalised (low res but smaller file)
· Tested these files by downloading the free ESRI ArcExplorer SHP viewer. They work fine
· When I try to import either the SHP or the MID/MIF files to MapPoint I get the following error
Error in Render Shape, Error Number : -2147024809, Error Description : The parameter is incorrect.
· Contacting MS here in the UK and had one response that says they do not support the Add In but will look at the problem. As yet, still waiting (that was 3 months ago)
So over to you guys, any thoughts ? I can forward the boundary files if anyone wants to have a play.