I thought I would post this for information for everyone. My sites occasionally get a MapPoint error which I cannot trap in VB, when calculating the route between deliveries. The runtime error is:
"Unable to get directions from Start to 450. One of the areas may not contain necessary connectors such as ferry routes or main roads. Move one or both of the stops, and try again."
This is annoying as the calculate freezes for anything up to twenty minutes before actually crashing!
Last time it happened I spent time looking at the delivery points, all of which seemed fine and were mapped in exactly the right places. I discovered the problem disappeared if I moved just one of them fifty yards up the road, even though there were no junctions between the old and new positions.
It appears the problem is due to data corruption or missing data or something similar within the Microsoft data, as after moving the point the route was calculated perfectly happily!
Just thought I would let you all know...