I would appreciate if anyone could help.
1) Can I use the map/data from MapPoint 2002 with MapPoint 2004 ?
The detailed map of Greece has been removed in MP2004!
It is simply unacceptable to use a map without any road detail (MP2002 had basic information which we hoped that would become more complete over years not less).
I have read a similar article regarding using the data from AutoRoute 2003 with MP2002. But the method mentioned did not work in thic case :
Any suggestions / ideas?
2) Is there any way to override the altitude limitation for the countries which have been removed from MP2004 compared to MP2002 (e.g. Greece) ?
The user cannot zoom more than 150 km over Greece. I find it really annoying. I would like to zoom even if there is no road information!
Any workaround ?
3) Is there any complaint email in Microsoft (for MapPoint 2004) ? I did not find any in my search in http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/2004/default.mspx
Whom should I contact in Microsoft regarding the above mentioned issues?
Summing up: MP2004 is a real disappointment!!!
- The object model remained exactly the same without any added features (except 2 methods to be accurate). MapPoint developers don't gain anything.
- The maps of many European countries have been removed (including Greece) compared to MP2002.
If you are unlucky and one of the missing countries happens to be the one you are interested then you had BAD LUCK!