For the MapPoint applications that I built, shapes are not cosmetic features but are significant and important.
It would be very great in future version of MapPoint if the shapes get the same attention and functionnalities as the pushpins.
Those are the functions I would love to have :
- Importing and exporting shapes in Excel format
- selecting more than one shape for the Copy-Paste with Shift and Ctrl.
- Selecting all shapes within the Select box.
- put shapes in differend datasets and be able to choose which dataset to display.
- Have user information about the shape that can be displayed in a little box like the pushpin.
I imagine it's a lot of work to implement all of that but I'm sure it would be features that would be greatly appreciated and used.