Winwaed Software Technology LLC announce the release of their MPSuperShape add-in for Microsoft(R) MapPoint(R) 2006.
If you are already using Microsoft MapPoint, you know how useful shapes can be. Unfortunately the only way to modify these shapes is by adding or removing points. It is impossible combine shapes or to easily find overlaps between shapes.
MPSuperShape solves this problem. MPSuperShape can be used to combine multiple shapes into one large shape. It can also be used to find intersections (overlaps) between multiple shapes. Shapes can also be transferred into or out of MapPoint using MPSuperShape's import and export options.
Possible applications include:
* Combining drive-time areas to find the total area covered by existing depots.
* Finding territory overlaps.
* Finding areas which meet multiple characteristics.
* Transferring shapes to/from other GIS systems.
MPSuperShape provides the following benefits:
* Combine multiple shapes
* Find the intersection (overlap) between shapes
* Import shapes from external (non-MapPoint) files
* Export shapes to external (non-MapPoint) files
* Copy shapes between different MapPoint maps - reuse the same shapes on multiple maps!
The import and export options support GML. GML is an XML-based open GIS format that is managed by the Open Geospatial Consortium.
System Requirements: MPSuperShape requires Microsoft MapPoint 2006 (either North America or Europe); Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (or later); and either Microsoft Windows XP or Vista.
Full details, examples, and a free trial can be found at:
MPSuperShape: Home Page
MPSuperShape licenses cost US$75 each. VAT (EU) and Sales Tax (Texas) may apply. Volume discounts are available.
MPSuperShape Licenses can be purchased from:
MPSuperShape: Buy Now